State of the Region
The 2015 State of the Region Address
was a great success!
On the mornings of October 6 and October 8, over 900 community members
joined LEAD to be a part of THE regional economic discussion of the year.
Dr. James V. Koch, President Emeritus at Old Dominion University,
alongside Dr. Vinod Agarwal and Dr. Timothy Komarek, Professors of Economics at Old Dominion University,
discussed important economic topics affecting our region now.
- An economic overview of the region
- Analysis of the effects of changes in defense spending over the past decade
- A primer on the Port of the Virginia
- Early childhood development as an economic development strategy
- The economics of a casino in Hampton Roads
- A look at Non-profit organizations in Hampton Roads
- The shortage of nurses in the region
Join LEAD for the 2016 State of the Region Address
October 4, 2016 (Southside)
October 6, 2016 (Peninsula)